Water Distribution & Sewer Collection Operator
The Operator performs work in the operation, inspection, maintenance and repair for the maintenance department of Cherry Creek Valley Water and Sanitation District.
This individual will be responsible for meter reading, customer meter profile analysis, inspections of water and sewer installations and repairs, locates of District mains, meter/meter remote change outs, maintenance of District property, equipment and wells, and other duties as required. Depending on experience and qualifications, on the job training may be provided.
Must be at least 18 years of age
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, plus additional training and/or education in the water industry or related field is a plus.
General knowledge of water and sewer main construction desired but not required.
Must pass a background check.
Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
Must be a team player in punctuality, reliability, and problem-solving.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate verbally and in writing with our employees, account holders, property managers, etc.
Must be proficient in the use of laptop computers.
Must be willing to work on-call hours.
Must be able to safely operate vehicles and equipment.
Prefer Class 1 Water Distribution & Sewer Collection Operator’s license or the ability to obtain within first year of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
1. Requires driving a motorized vehicle or utilizing maintenance equipment.
2. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid, hot and cold conditions.
3. Indoor, outdoor, frequently works in outside weather conditions.
4. Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
5. Must be able to complete physical labor for field work which may include lifting and moving up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves more than 100 pounds, climbing and bending at the waist, crawling, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling. Physical labor is required to successfully perform the job requirements of a maintenance technician.
6. Must be able and willing to use small machinery.
7. Perform general property maintenance.
Type your paragraph here.
High school or equivalent
Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
CCVWSD follows the Colorado Department of Health’s workplace guidance and strategies to prevent and reduce Covid-19 transmission to maintain a healthy work environment.
Job Offer will be subject to Background Check, and Motor Vehicle Record Review.